Current Positions Available
GRAPHIC / WEB DESIGNER
LOCATION: Saint Cloud, Minnesota and/or Rifle, Colorado
STATUS: Open until filled
Align Multimedia is looking to add a graphic / web designer to our growing team. We are looking for someone who can bring an eye for detail and design to a variety of projects across print, digital and web. We operate in a well-organized, but fast-paced, task-oriented environment and the ideal candidate must be able to think fast, juggle priorities, and adapt their design sensibilities to meet a variety of clients’ needs and preferences.
This position may be designed around the selected candidate’s availability, skill set and skill level. All are encouraged to apply. Experience matters, but a strong work ethic and willingness to learn matters most.
Align Multimedia has a main office located in Rifle, CO with a satellite in Saint Cloud, MN and serves clients across the U.S. and Europe throughout a variety of industries. You may have the opportunity and flexibility to work remotely in either location with a portion of time spent on-site each week.
In this position, you will need to have an ability to adapt your creativity and design principles to a wide range of styles. You will need to be able to learn and execute many different tasks from across a variety of disciplines. You will have the opportunity to receive hands-on training and exposure to various media including Email, Social Media, Websites, Direct Mail and various other traditional media channels.
If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to meet you.
At Align we strive to empower our team with the tools, freedom and structure necessary to create great work. Ours is an open environment where new and different approaches are valued, hard work is rewarded, and time taken to recharge is encouraged. We believe that a fun and loose workplace can coexist, and even thrive with a fast-paced, exacting determination to meet clients’ deadlines and expectations.
The position will be overseen by the Creative Director (Saint Cloud, MN) and will assist the Lead Graphic Designer (Rifle, CO) in design and marketing tasks for clients and projects as assigned.
- Design, layout, and production of web / online content
- Design, layout, and production of print campaigns (brochures, postcards, reports, fliers)
- Logo, Branding, and Collateral design
- Design email layouts
- Utilize performance data in design and iterations
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and respond to urgent requests on a wide range of project types, budgets and timelines.
- Communicate proficiently with clients when presenting design concepts, describing design decisions and collecting feedback.
- Prepare artwork for external printers.
- Create and work from UX deliverables including sitemaps, wireframes and design briefs to create digital solutions.
- Collaborate with developers throughout the development cycle.
- Assist with internal marketing initiatives, including new business presentations, blog and social media content.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Shows creativity, attention to detail, and strong time management skills
- Is self-motivated and self-directed
- Is a fun and flexible team player who is able to take direction, offer a point of view, and collaborate with a variety of people.
- Has experience in developing successful multi-channel campaigns (Email, Display Ads, Print, etc.)
- Possesses a strong portfolio that demonstrates knowledge of design principles, typography, web design best practices, and does so across an array of concepts and design styles.
- Is excited about working in a collaborative, semi-remote / virtual environment
- Shows passion for work and community.
- Shares a love of the outdoors, the lakes of Minnesota, and the mountains of Western Colorado
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years agency or in-house marketing experience preferred
- Four-year degree in graphic design, graphic arts or communication arts (or current enrollment in similar program)
- Experience building files for both print and digital mediums
- A working knowledge of Responsive Web Design, WordPress, HTML and CSS are a major plus
- Experience with social media and digital content management
- Demonstrable Experience/Knowledge with Adobe Suite of products
Job Type: Part-Time (20-30 hours per week) with opportunity for full-time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience ($15 – $21 / hour)
To Apply: Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org